Wednesday, August 16, 2017

SO much change in SO little time. 6/19/2017

For all who don't know yet, I have been transferred from Medford Second Ward to the Melrose Ward in Roseburg Oregon ❤️ I have also been released as a Sister Training Leader and my new companion's name is Sister McClellan! She is from Arizona and has been out 7 1/2 months! She is super cute. We share a ward with a set of elders that are pretty cool. I'm not used to sharing a ward anymore! We will go talk to people and or tract a street that the elders had just tracted last week. I even saw a guy this last week who I was his 3rd missionary that day! (We were on splits, which is where me and my companion go with different members to see people). We also had our last Zone Conference and interviews with President and Sister Russell this past week. They go home so soon! Also I wanted to wish all the Fathers in my life but especially my Father, my grandfathers and my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for all that they do for me, for the examples they have been, and the priesthood power that they each hold. I love my dad SO much and I am so proud to be his daughter.

So update on my kids! Logan and Taylor were going to be baptized this past Saturday. That didn't happen :(  Last Sunday they were planning on coming up to Roseburg to see me, cause well they are like family to me. But Rebecca texted me the day before and said that Logan was having to get his appendix taken out!! That poor little boy! So he had surgery 2 saturdays ago. Because of the surgery he couldn't get the incision wet for about 2 weeks. Which meant they couldn't get baptized this last week. But no worries, they moved the date to July 1st (: so hopefully I will be able to go to that! And I will probably see them before that as well because it is officially summer here!

Also Amanda is doing great! I have been keeping in a lot of contact with her, she is scheduled to be baptized this weekend! (: I'm so excited for her! I was a little worried because on Friday she messaged me and told me that she was having to get a surgery as well this past Saturday. But she assured me that she was still going to be baptized as planned and that the surgery wouldn't slow her down! She is doing amazing. My last week in Medford we had a lot of lessons with her and she opened up and told us her whole life story. She is definitely one of my heroes, she has gone through SO much and has been strong through all of the tremendous amount of trials that have been put in her path. I am so excited for her to be baptized and to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. To be fully cleansed and sanctified. And for her to be confirmed a member of Christ's restored church on the earth. The gift of the Holy Ghost is going to help her so much through the rest of this life, I have been so privileged to be able to witness her conversion. Before I left she bore her testimony to me of the priesthood, the plan of salvation, and of the relationship she has with her savior. It was incredible. To see her countenance change over the past 2 months has been life changing. Saying see you later to her has definitely been one of the hardest I have had to say so far. I can not wait to see her this Saturday! I AM SO EXCITED 😍

Moving to Roseburg has been extremely difficult, humbling and has provided me with a lot of chances for me to grow as a missionary and as a person. I miss Medford a lot BUT I know that Heavenly Father knows so much more than I do. That He can see farther into the future and that He has a purpose for me to be here at this time for these specific people.

The past two weeks have been full of miracles, fun times and growth. We have been teaching an older woman who is absolutely amazing, Catherine. She is an ex-JW and is striving to come closer to her savior. She is one of the most Christlike people I know. She also is growing a ton of weed! Pictures to come!

We had Zone Conference this past Thursday with President and Sister Russell. It was incredibly spiritual. There was 6 zones there so about 140 missionaries! It was a nice reunion of people I have served with! It was also the last time that I would see a lot of missionaries! We made a video for the Russell's that we all watch and then we sang them the EFY medley that we sing to all the new missionaries when they come into the mission. It was so powerful as we all sang for the last time to them. There were a lot of tears. I am going to miss them a lot. President Russell has helped me through so many things, all of the many tears and laughs and guidance. Then on Friday we had our last interviews with Him as well. Because I go home so shortly after them they count my group as "their" missionaries. So I made them a scrapbook page and they gave me the things they give their departing missionaries. We talked about how to finish out strong and life after the mission. About marriage and all the things that I avoid thinking about! I definitely have been blessed to call him my mission President. Just like Helaman with his 2060 stripping worriers. They were his sons and Helaman was their father. President Russell has been like a father to me the past 16 months and I am so grateful for him!

We also had exchanges this week! First one in a long time where I wasn't the one in charge of it all! That was nice. But I was with Sister Peck who is adorable! We taught this lady named Ursula, she is an old German woman. It was such a good lesson. She told me that I don't look 21, but that I talk like I'm 28... I think that's a compliment? We talked about the priesthood and repentance. I absolutely love baring my testimony on those two topics. I have such a strong testimony of the priesthood power that is back on the earth today, I know that it is the same power that Christ gave his apostles while he was on the earth. And that repentance is real. Jesus Christ really did come to this earth and suffered in the garden, died on the cross and was resurrected on the 3rd day. Because he did this we can all be forgiven. No matter how far you feel like you have gone from your Heavenly Father and your Savior, they are always right at the door waiting for us to open. For Zone Conference we studied 5 parables and 5 miracles. One of my favorite miracles is when Christ is walking on the water in a distance from the boat and Peter asks if he can come to him. Peter gets out of the boat and is focused on Christ. He does what is impossible and walks towards Christ on the water. But then fear crept into his heart and he took his eyes off of the Savior, he looked around at the crazy storm going on around him. Because he did this he started to sink. Then instantly he called to his Lord to come save him and even though he was so far off to start with Christ was right there in an instant to help pick him up and take him back to the boat. Christ is ALWAYS right there to pick us up when we fall, when we take our focus off of him and start to sink, when we sin and step away from him. He is always there. And I am so thankful for my Savior, that he loves and cares about me so much. And he loves and cares about each of you as well. He went through each of our lives individually so that he would know how to succor his people. I love him and I am so privileged to have this opportunity to serve him for 18 months.

I hope you all have an incredible week. I want to invite each of you to ask yourself the question "how is my relationship with Christ? And how can I strengthen it?" I know that as you strive to strengthen your personal relationship with your Savior, you will feel his love so much stronger in your everyday lives and you will be blessed.

Love you all!
Sister Morgan ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment