Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Blessin's on Blessin's on Blessin's😊 11/21/2016

Hello from Springfield! 👋

So yes I got transferred 2 weeks ago to Springfield which is about 17 mins away from my last area. So I'm still in the valley! So something interesting about here is that the Simpsons is based off of Springfield Oregon! So it's an interesting place 😬

But I love it here already! So last week was basically me meeting everyone in our area! We have a little girl who is 11 getting baptized this week! So that's exciting(: we have 2 recent converts Cozette and Xavier (a mother and son) she also has two small kids Colton and Lala 😍 I love that family so much! 

So last Saturday we had interviews with President Russell which was really nice. I love interviews, it's a time to just talk to President about whatever has been going on and to ask him any questions that I had. It was a really good conversation and I learned a lot, especially about the priesthood. Then last Monday we had specialized training and I learned a lot. Especially about opening my mouth and talking to everyone I meet. Because what do I have to loose? We also talked a lot about planning and our goals. It helped me to better plan my time to be able to accomplish the goals that I have. 

Then this past Wednesday we got to go to the temple with 2 recent converts(: Cozette and Xzavier! It was Cozettes second time and Xzavier's first time! So the night before she called us and told us that she couldn't find the names that she printed off to take to the temple and someone broke into her new house and so much was going on so we told her not to worry about it and that we would get names. So I have officially become addicted to family history work! And I found 6 guy names and 2 women(: so I did the 2 girls and Xzavier did the guys. So his mom wanted him to go first and then he just stood and watched everyone else go! The spirit was so strong! And on the way home he asked me if it was really my family that he was baptized for and I told yeah I wouldn't lie to him! And he thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was such an amazing experience!(: ahh I just love the Portland temple! 

Then we had my first exchange as an STL on Thursday night. I met some really awesome people in the 4th ward. I love the sisters that are in our zone. I was with Sister Stimpson! She is super cute and fun. She has been out for 6 weeks so it's cool to see her grow!(: 

We helped Cozette move and pack a lot this week. It's sad she is leaving but she got permission to stay in our ward till she completes the new member lessons! Her kids are just my favorite. I love them a lot. 

Then last night I got to go to the Eugene Stake Center for ADAMS BAPTISM!!!!!!! I don't know if you all remember who Adam is but when I was in Creswell me and Sister Figueroa started teaching him! He then went to Utah for a while and came back like 6 weeks ago and the sisters started teaching him again and yeah HE GOT BAPTIZED AND I GOT TO GO!(: it was so amazing to see the difference between him at the very beginning till now. It was so great to see all of my old ward members and get to talk to everyone. He even bore his testimony 😍 it made me cry! Over all it was a really great week full of miracles! 

I am so thankful to be a missionary and to be able to serve the lord for these 18 months! I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This has honestly been the best 9 months of my life. I love seeing the light that grows inside people when they get closer to Christ.

Love you all ❤️️
Sister Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment