Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Rain for dayss ☂️💧 10/24/2016

Ahh I know I am awful at writing these weekly emails! But Hello again(: the past couple weeks have been crazy! So much has happened from going to the temple to exchanges and baptisms to tracting in hurricane like weather! 

So two weeks ago we went to the Portland Temple and it was INCREDIBLE!! I am so grateful to have a temple so close that we get to go to! We are so lucky. The temple is probably my favorite place in the world. The fact that we get sealed to our families for the ETERNITIES inside temples makes it even more amazing. The promises we make inside and the blessing that come from those promises are life changing. I can not even start to explain to all of you how much my life has changed in these past 8 1/2 months, how much I have changed as a person and how much my testimony has grown is crazy! 

Then that Saturday the kids got BAPTIZED!!!!!!😄🌊 it was such an amazing experience. This was the first baptism that I have physically been there for (: the spirit was so strong and the ward was SO supportive! We also got to skype Sister Leavitt which was amazing! We miss her!! So many people came the room was overflowing! The kids were so happy! The boys mom came and so did Jazmynns which was super surprising and so good for each of them! I just love that family so much! Oh and Cheryl came to it too and everyone was like "you're next Cheryl!" And she AGREED WITH THEM!!! Ah so she is doing good(: after we had a devotional with Elder Christofferson! She went to that as well and it was all about how we need to read the scriptures and ponder hem and ask for ourselves if they are true. It was really good for her!

Oh also on the day of the baptism we found 4 new investigators!(: we found a family who is awesome! The mom was already a new but she has 4 foster daughters who sat in on the lesson and they asked us more questions then the mom did! They are so adorable! And we counted at least 9 cats... that were in view. She talked about how she had even more in a different room.. and she also had 3 dogs and a lot of birds...I now understand why all of our pets have been indoor/outdoor animals! 

Then last Sunday Cameron, Dylan, and Jazmynn got confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost (: it was so spiritual. Each of their blessings talked about missionary work! In Cameron's and Dylan's it actually talked about going on missions and it talked a lot about temples and eternal families in Jazmynns! Since then we have had a lesson with each of them and they all have this new glow about them. They still look the same but their countenance has changed. They seriously look like they are glowing. They are so happy and are doing great!(: little side note on last Sunday, Cheryl came and she told us "man I really just NEED to come every week" and we totally agreed with her (: 

Me and Sister Johnson are doing so great! We just get along so well it's awesome! Transfers are in 2 weeks so we are pretty nervous, I have already been here 4 1/2 months and we have been together for 3 of those months so I am probably getting transferred 😐 I just love this area so much that I really don't want to leave! 

Then this past Monday we went on exchanges! We do A TON of exchanges it's crazy. But I was with Sister Mann in her area and it was so much fun! We went tracting in the POURING rain. It was seriously like a waterfall. We were drenched. Perks of being a missionary 😬 we had a lesson with one of their investigators who is German and super funny. She gave me two books on cats 😄 then we decided that we wanted to sleep in the family room of their apartment so we moved the beds and made a little fort. It was fun! She really needed this exchange, so I was happy to help! At the end of the exchange we went and had a sisters lunch and guess what!? I saw someone from home!! This girl came up to me and asked me if I had a certain class at Coronado and I was like yeah isn't your name Marisa? It totally was! I hadn't seen her since probably sophomore year of high school. So we got to talk for a little bit and it made my whole day! It was super weird seeing someone from home but it was really awesome(:

We have met some really awesome people this week! We had a zone blitz in our area. Which is where our whole zone goes finding in one companionships area! It was great! They found us some really interesting yet prepared people! 

We had dinner with this new couple in our ward and they are adorable! He is a recent convert and they just moved here from Idaho! We have been like a tinder for new married couples to find friends 😂😂 we have a lot of brand new couples in our ward and we love them all so we are making them all friends! 

On Friday night there was this organ concert that we were really excited to go to (I have no idea why) and we found an investigator to go. So we went and it was so boring! Then our investigator didn't show up so we got to leave 😀 then we went and planned. Planning is a pain in the bum but once we get it all the way done it makes life so much easier! It seriously took us like 2 days to finish it. President has us planning in a new way because we have iPads and the guidelines for planning in Preach my gospel are for missionaries without iPads.. so we have planned every 15 min slot for the whole next week already! 

So probably the best thing that happened this week was that the primary program was yesterday!! It was so good, our primary did a really good job! And the spirit was so incredibly strong. Cheryl LOVED it! She said what touched her the most was that she really needs to just search, read the scriptures and pray! (The search, ponder and pray song😊) I don't know how many times we have talked about that with her, but the spirit and testimony of those kids are what made it really click for her! It was awesome(: 

Overall I have been doing so great! My testimony grows everyday and I have learned how to rely on the Lord with EVERYTHING I do. I am so thankful for his gospel and the happiness it has brought me and my family! Thank you for all of your prayers! I really appreciate it! Love you all! ❤

Sister Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment