This week was so incredible! So busy and so many miracles!
So last Monday we got to go to Autzen Stadium where the Oregon Ducks play! And that was awesome! We got a tour of the whole place and got to go on the field and just have fun as a zone! Thenwe had to get up SUPER early because we had to leave at to drive to Corvallis for Zone Conference. It takes about an hour to get up there but it was a really pretty drive! President taught a lot about the Holy Ghost and his role in conversions. It was really good! So we had all been told to prepare a talk to give on the Holy Ghost for conference because president was going to choose 5 different people to give their talks in front of everyone and well out of the 40 people there I was lucky enough to to be one of the five! So here are some of my notes that I spoke off of.
* The Spirit does not get our attention by shouting. It never shakes us with a heavy hand. The Spirit whispers. It caresses so gently, indeed, that if we are preoccupied, we can’t feel it at all.
* “Occasionally, the Spirit will press just firmly enough or often enough for us to pay attention; but from my experience, most of the time, if we do not heed the gentle feeling, if we do not listen with those feelings, the Spirit will withdraw and wait until we come seeking and listening, in our manner and our expression”
* 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, (23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. (Galatians 5)
* 3 And it came to pass that while they were thus conversing one with another, they heard a voice as if it came out of heaven; and they cast their eyes round about, for they understood not the voice which they heard; and it was not a harsh voice, neither was it a loud voice; nevertheless, and notwithstanding it being a small voice it did pierce them that did hear to the center, insomuch that there was no part of their frame that it did not cause to quake; yea, it did pierce them to the very soul, and did cause their hearts to burn.
* Don’t get so busy that you don’t have time to meditate. Take the time. The most important testimony does not come by sight, but by the inner witness. Christ may be nearer than we have knowledge. “I am in your midst, but you do not see me. The Holy Ghost bears the sure witness. Mine eyes are upon you. The day cometh when ye shall know that I am
* Joseph stepped toward me, and looking very earnestly, yet pleasantly said, ‘Tell the people to be humble and faithful, and be sure to keep the spirit of the Lord and it will lead them right. Be careful and not turn away the small still voice; it will teach you what to do and where to go; it will yield the fruits of the kingdom. Tell the brethren to keep their hearts open to conviction, so that when the Holy Ghost comes to them, their hearts will be ready to receive it. They can tell the Spirit of the Lord from all other spirits; it will whisper peace and joy to their souls; it will take malice, hatred, strife and all evil from their hearts; and their whole desire will be to do good, bring forth righteousness and build up the kingdom of God. Tell the brethren if they will follow the spirit of the Lord they will go right. Be sure to tell the people to keep the Spirit of the Lord; and if they will, they will find themselves just as they were organized by our Father in Heaven before they came into the world. Our Father in Heaven organized the human family. …"
I took a little time to talk about each bullet point. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to have the Holy Ghost as a CONSTANT companion with me 24/7. It was a really great meeting! President also talked about how we teach our investigators and how they can only comprehend so much at one time. He had this really great analogy, he had one of the Elders in my zone put on a rain poncho and asked for volunteers and of course Sister Johnson and I hoped right up to help! And President had the Elder put an empty cup on his head and gave us a pitcher of water which symbolized our lesson plan. And it showed how we can only teach so much before it starts to overflow. I'll send you the video hopefully it will work(: then by the time we got done it waswe had been there 10 hours. It was a long day. Then we went on exchanges and Sister Vance (who was originally going to be my companion) came with me and we had a lot of fun!
Thenwe exchanged back and we had a lesson with Cheryl We talked a lot about the plan of salvation and why we are here. She remembered a lot about the plan of salvation, she could practically teach someone about it. Then we talked about the spirit world and how people who didn't have the opportunity to learn about Christ and the fullness of the gospel are being taught there. And that's why we do baptisms for the dead, we also showed her in the bible where it talks about baptisms for the dead. She was really interested and so we committed her to reread/watch the blueprint of Christ's church. Then she talked about how she really wants all of this to be true and that she thinks the Book of Mormon is true because of the good fruit that comes from it (the good people that know it to be true-us🏿) she doesn't know exactly how the spirit talks to her so we left her to watch the pattern of light videos to learn more about personal revelation and how it comes. Oh and she has been reading the Book of Mormon a lot more!! it was a really good lesson!
Inwe met with a less active again and watched the Joseph Smith restoration movie with her. The spirit was so strong and everytime I watch it I gain such an appreciation for the prophet who did so much for us. He was truly an amazing man called by God to restore his gospel on the earth again today. We had weekly planning that day as well so it was really productive!
I don't remember if I told you guys but the APs gave us A LOT of their people so we have also been meeting them and having lessons with the elders to met their investigators. Sowe exchanged back and had another lesson with Cheryl
We went over the baptismal interview questions to see where she's at with each of the principles. She is so close! She wants to believe it all, but wants to be completely sure before she makes a covenant. She read 2 Nephi 31 and really understands how important it is. She basically bore her testimony about how much the gospel has already changed her life. Her family believes that Mormons are a cult and her main concern is that she wants to have a testimony strong enough so that she can stand up to them when they challenge her beliefs and be an example that they can follow. She is so amazing! I love her so much! Then we had a lesson with the boys about families and we also had a lesson with Jasmine about the commandments! They are all so excited to get baptized on! It was a really hectic day for us! So many lessons!(:
Yesterday was really great! We had 8 investigators at church and 2 less actives! The Spanish elders in our ward got ice cream for usand gave it to us and we were really excited about that! We had a lesson with the boys and jasmine after church and showed them the fount and went over what was going to happen at their baptism! Then right before dinner we were contacting a former and this guy called us over and started talking to us about the gospel and he seemed pretty interested! He knows his bible really well so hopefully our next lesson with him goes well! Then last night we ate half our thing of ice cream and we were really hyper and we just had fun talking and making up stupid songs it was great
Well this week we find out about transfers.. I really hope that me and sister Johnson stay together. We have been working really hard and we are seeing so much progress it's amazing! We will see what happens!