Tuesday, September 13, 2016

8/15/2016

Hey everyone,
So guess what week it is? Transfer week! Sad news, Sister Leavitt is leaving :( she is going to coos bay to follow up train my last companion, Sister Rasmussen's trainee! So that's exciting! I'm going to be taking over the area! My new companion is Sister Vance, I haven't met her yet but I have heard great things!(: I HAVE BEEN OUT 6 MONTHS!! This is crazy! I still feel like a brand new missionary.. But life is good! We had a good week! We saw a lot of people, had a lot of lessons and have been saying bye for Sister Leavitt! So exciting news! AUTUMN IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!! I am so excited for her, oh so cute so she had her baptismal interview yesterday and when she was done she was like skipping down the hall to her mom saying "I did it mom, I did it!!" Ahh I just love her so much! This past week was good we just kept staying busy, being obedient, and oh we gave AWESOME talks yesterday in sacrament. I talked about how Heavenly Father loves each of us and our individual worth. It was really good and it helped me so much. Probably my favorite quote from it is "You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time!” Heavenly Father loves us so much. Then I talked about the lion king 😊

"In The Lion King after Sima's father died, Simba fled far from the kingdom because he felt guilty about his father’s death. He wanted to escape his responsibility as heir to the throne. Farther along in the movie Simba receives a visit from his deceased father, Mufasa. His father appears to him and warns him: “You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life.” Then this invitation is repeated several times: “Remember who you are. … Remember who you are.”

Simba, completely shaken by this experience, decides to accept his destiny. He confides in his friend, the shaman monkey, that it “looks like the winds are changing.”

The monkey replies, “Change is good.”

And Simba says: “But it’s not easy. I know what I have to do. But going back means I’ll have to face my past. I’ve been running from it for so long.”

“Where are you going?” the monkey asks him.

 “I’m going back!” cries Simba.

We can all take--or take back--our place in the circle of life. Become who you really are. Your happiness and ability to find balance in your life will occur as you find, recognize, and accept your true identity as a child of our Heavenly Father and then live in accordance with this knowledge."

It was just a really good talk(: well that is pretty much my week! I hope all of you have a great week! Love and miss you!

Sister Morgan ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment