Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Medford 😍 4/24/2017

So for everyone who doesn't know we had transfers last week!! Sister Viiga left and I got Sister Brown who just came from Coquille πŸ˜ I love that place!

I love Sister Brown. She is one of the most amazing missionaries I have ever met! She keeps me really motivated and just has such a great attitude about everything! We get along really well which is really nice (: I hope we get to stay together for another transfer, that would be awesome! 

Also, we found 11 new people to teach this week.

Admist  the many miracles this week, one sticks out prominently to me. For some reason, I was kinda feeling low. The adversary was working and I was having very selfish feelings, not something I necessarily want to admit or am proud of, but it happens! Anywho as I was thinking ever so negatively, the prompting came to my mind. "Forget yourself and go to work." My mind immediately reverted back into missionary mode and  I told Satan, "not today." So we decided to go to the invinko apartments. Anyway, this is how it felt in my mind and we said, "let's go to work." We knocked on a few apartments to accept multiple no's and see you laters, but we kept going. Eventually, Gina answered her door. She hurry and shut it as soon as she saw us, making us assume that she had an utter disgust for Mormons and wouldn't even give us the time of day, but for some reason (the spirit) we just kept standing there, so awkwardly on her doorstop if that was the case, but we just stayed. To our wonderful surprise she reopened the door! We explained who we were and our purpose. We asked if we could share a video about Christ with her. We shared the Easter Initiative with her.( if you haven't see it, go watch it now! It's incredible) she agreed! I can't explain the feeling of the spirit as we stood there on the doorstep. A feeling of love came into my heart for Gina. She wasn't just another box to check off. She was a real person! Obviously, but I felt it more. I felt a sincere love for her, a sincere love to bring her to Jesus Christ. When the video ended, she told us that she has been looking for a church! She had some experiences in her life that were very tender and led us into talking about Gods wonderful plan for us. She invited us back to tell her more. My heart was whole and happy.

We went to a Ward Party this week to get a little dinner and ride the
trains.(; but honestly the coolest experience of my life. We were on
the train and my companion being as amazing as she is started talking to this lady Mary, a woman who worked there. She just had such a good conversation with her, When we got off the train we continued to talk with her. We asked if we could meet with her again, but she was a little hesitant. We might just have to go back to the train station. (: it was really weird to be the older companion and just letting her take over the conversation after and letting her learn, it was way cool. I was so proud of her for doing that, especially at dinner!

Oh so yesterday my eye was real bugging me so I wore my glasses for probably the 2nd time on my mission! But luckily we have an eye doctor in our ward so he checked it out and gave me some eye drops which got rid of the problem! We also got to sit in a really nice massage chair at their house(:

Also, as a Sister Training Leader, We have the wonderful opportunity to speak at/lead out/ and form meetings. With the Zone Leaders we had a correlation to decide how we could start this transfer off right. We ended up having a special meeting and sister Brown and I got to get everyone pumped and talk about goal setting (which Sister Brown has such a great love and testimony of!) so we thought that would be a good idea for us to talk about with the zone. It was so amazing Haha I can't explain speaking with the spirit. And for her first time being an STL and leading the zone in a discussion Sister Brown did awesome! At the end, I thought, "This is what we have all needed lately" I have a firm testimony that when the Lord calls you, if you have diligence and faith, he will not let you fail. He will prepare a way. He will magnify you. And we can't do it without him. The whole purpose of our meeting was "why are you here, why do you do what you do?" The only answer truly is because we love our Savior so much and we have felt of his love too much in our lives not to bring his love to others. My soul burns as I think about my love for my savior. 


I love the Lord so much.
I love you all so much.
I love Medford.

Hope you all have a great week! Love and miss you! ❤
Sister Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment