Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Only 4 1/2 months left! 🙃😝 4/10/2017

Hello again! So I skipped last weeks email so I have decided to enlighten everyone on how the wonderful city of Medford Oregon is doing. First I just want everyone to know how much I just LOVE it here. It's incredible, beautiful and Heavenly Father has been preparing this area for me. Just like how Heavenly Father prepares people to receive the gospel in their lives, he has been preparing me to come here. I have grown SO much as a missionary and as a person since I have been here. It is crazy and disgusting to think about how I only have 3 transfers left.. (after I finish this transfer, which ends next week!) I have very strong mixed feelings about that. I truly have loved my mission so far and definitely plan on making the most of these last 4 1/2 months! 

So the last two weeks have been hectic and powerful. Not last Tuesday but the Tuesday before that we had a lesson with our 9 year old investigator Dylon, she is adorable. We talked about Prophets and their importance! They are SUPER important if y'all didn't know that already (; then we went over to our recent convert, Marleen's house and had a movie night! We had pizza and yummy snacks to watch the Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration movie 🎥 holy camolie that movie makes me cry every time. It's truly incredible and over my mission especially I have gained such a strong testimony and appreciation for the prophet Joseph Smith. (Side note: I also watched the Joseph Smith papers on the first vision and the martyrdom in the past couple days. I just keep learning so much every time!) so yeah Marleen really enjoyed the movie and bore her testimony of Joseph Smith to us 😍 it was awesome. Then her and her husband always take such good care of us and sent us home with SO much snacks and food and protein shake stuff, they are the best. Then that Wednesday we did service at the pear farm and then we went to help another recent converts house to help her move from one apartment to another within like 100 ft. of the front door. That was fun! She actually isn't in our ward to begin with but President has asked us to teach her the new member lessons so I'm totally fine with that (: then that Thursday we had interviews with President Russell!! I think he's the best! We talked about how Heavenly Father wants us to talk to everyone and shared some real good scriptures with me. It was really good! He always answers my questions about the gospel and helps everything to make perfect sense to me. No matter how many times I can hear something or how many times I say something, when he teaches the same principles it all just clicks! After interviews we had a lesson with John! He is doing so good. We talked about why we are obedient to gods commandments. About how if we love him then we do what he asks! Then we talked about the Word of Wisdom, he is great. He's has some things to overcome but he is definitely keeping the eternal perspective in the front of his mind. The temple is in his sight! Friday we went on exchanges with the Spanish sisters, so I got to be with Sister Duennes 😊 I'm slowly but surly learning Spanish! Sometimes I have her just speak to me in Spanish cause I just love it so much. But it was a really good exchange! We met a lot of people and had a real good talk. We went to dinner with the Spanish branch president and his family, they are adorable. Haha so their little 5 year old girl asked me if I could be her mom.. and I told her that would be kinda hard cause I live far away and she told me I had to move back and be her mom. It was slightly awkward but I guess there was this movie a while ago when her mom was growing up that you could go to the store and bye/trade your mom. So the mom just laughs and tells her to go to the store to find a new mom. But the little girl was adorable, she wouldn't speak Spanish to the elders because she could speak in English to me so we all convinced her that I just couldn't speak English anymore. That I only knew Spanish. She didn't believe us but with the little Spanish I do know we totally convinced her. It was great! Then she spoke in Spanish to everyone. 

Last weekend was General Conference 😍😍 let me just say that I have never gotten so much out of any General Conference before. It was like every single talk was speaking to me and I just loved every single minute of it! I especially liked both of President Monsons talks, Elder Hollands, Elder Coasta, Elder Bragg, and Elder Eryings from the priesthood session! I mean there are so many more that I liked but you all should go back and listen to those again because wow❤️ we backed fresh homemade cinnamon rolls and homemade bread for the whole Zone which was REAL good. We also delivered cinnamon roll to investigators and members houses during the breaks. John and our other investigator Ostynn (it's Austin just spelt weird) both listened to conference while they were working which was SO cool. They are both so prepared to receive the gospel. But I think the best part of conference for me was the Sunday afternoon session. That was really special because I knew that my parents were there watching it in person, the Mormon Tabernacle was singing, and it was all about missionary work! 😍 I just felt the spirit so strongly during the whole thing. It's weird to say that that was my last conference on the mission but I loved every second of it!

Then last Monday our whole zone went to Ashland Oregon! We went to Lithia park and played volleyball and tennis 🎾 it was probably one of the best p-days I have had on the mission! I definitely kicked everyone's trash in tennis but that was expected 😉 lol and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! So that was rare. But it really was gorgeous! It reminds me a lot of Manitou Springs! They even have nasty water which of course we made everyone drink. Let me tell y'all, it was disgusting.. like the water in Manitou is gross but imagine a very old nasty rotten egg liquidized into water and that's what it tasted like!! I'll send a video of me drinking it! 

On Tuesday we had MLC up in Eugene! (: the only down side to that now is that I'm 3 hours away from Eugene.. and they wanted us up there early to OYM (open your mouth) on the U of O campus! So we had to leave around 6:00 in the morning.. so we got up at like 4:00 which was rough. But MLC was amazing!! For those who don't know what MLC is it's missionary leadership counsel. Basically we get taught 5-6 hours of material and then take it back and teach it to our zone in 3 hours. I kinda feel bad for the zone sometimes cause they don't get all of the stuff we learn, but we try to teach as much as we can, lead by the spirit of course! But we learned about the importance of studying and marking our scriptures and how to better teach with the scriptures! President Russell showed us how some examples of how to study the scriptures and oh my 😍 I have SO much that I want to do, but I can't do it all at once so I'm going to be mixing it up a lot. Right now I am reading the Book of Mormon, D&C, and Jesus the Christ (on and off) oh and I'm also rereading preach my gospel and truly diving into that. So my studies definitely get intense! Yeah so MLC was nice I got to see Sister Johnson and Sister Leavitt (: I miss both of them a lot! Other downside is that we didn't get home till past 7 and then we had to eat dinner still and correlate with the zone leaders so I was definitely VERY tired and my medicine had worn off around 7-8 which made things.. interesting. 

Wednesday we did service and after we got a call from our investigator John. He wanted to cancel his lesson this week because his mother in law (the lady that was a member who we would have his lessons in her home with her) had unexpectedly died that morning :( this is the second death in 3 months for that family, johns wife passed away 3 months ago. It was really sad. I definitely loved Sister Chaney a lot and she was one of the people I was closest to here. It still doesn't seem real. Her funeral is this Saturday. Then we had a lesson with Stanya, it went good but we decided that right now she needs a break to think about everything and re-evaluate what she wants. Then we had a lesson with a 9 year old recent convert, she showed her popcorn bopping, it was great! Thursday we basically planed a whole lot for ZTM and weekly planning. 

Friday we had ZTM! Which was really good! We made homemade bread again, I'm getting real good at it (: we had a meeting before it started about family history work and how we can involve it as much as possible with our daily missionary work. It was really good! Then both of our section were really good.. I think! Haha it was pretty good overall, the zone leaders went a little over so it was kinda long but that's okay! After we went and all ate sushi!! And I actually liked it, kinda.. (: it was a good experience, I think I just need to try more sushi to officially decide if I like it or not. But it was really fun to be with the zone! After that we had a lesson with the recent convert in the other ward, Mercedes (: she is so awesome, it was a good lesson! We talked about patriarchal blessings and the commandments and obedience! It was really good, she is meeting with there bishop this next week to get hers! I am so excited for her! She just got a calling in relief society and she is gonna do great! After that we dropped dinner off at the chaneys house and then went finding! We tracked into a girl named Krinten! She is super cute, she has a 2 year old daughter. She invited us in cause it was cold out. She met with missionaries kinda when she was living in Klamath. But we basically taught her the whole Restoration lesson and gave her a Book of Mormon! She was really  read it so we are going back this next Friday!

On Saturday we had a lesson with Dylon which went really well! Then we went finding and met a girl named Emma. She is amazing! She told us her whole life story, she is crazy strong and has such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ. We showed her the prince of peace video and she basically just bore her testimony of how Christ has brought her peace in her life, she invited us to come back this Wednesday!(: 

And yesterday we had church of course!(: it was SO good. Sacrament was about General Conference and what people learned and then we taught Sunday school about work and personal responsibilities and relief society was about the Holy Ghost! Our investigator Dee and her son Felipe came to church so that was really exciting! 

Well that's what's been going on in my life the past couple weeks! Sorry it's so long, but I felt like I should write a good email this week cause it's transfers next week! Crazy how time flies by! I love you all and miss you! Thank you for all the prayers you send my way, I truly appreciate all of them! Have a great week!❤

Love you're favorite Sister Missionary,
Sister Morgan 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment