Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A week to remember! 5/8/2017

We had MLC (mission leadership conference) this week which was very uplifting and also quite exciting because I got to see Sister Johnson, Sister Leavitt and Sister Payne again.😊 literally, I didn't realize how much I missed them. Sister Johnson goes home in a few weeks. I can't believe how fast time is going. She is such an awesome missionary. Truly a day of friendships and joy.

1 And now it came to pass that as Alma was journeying from the land of Gideon southward, away to the land of Manti, behold, to his astonishment, he met with the sons of Mosiah journeying towards the land of Zarahemla.
2 Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.
-Alma 17:1-2

This week we met with Ostynn. It was super awesome. He has been sick so he hasn't been able to meet with us. So we said, "can we watch a movie?" He agreed to that.(: so we set up The Restoration video and we made my homemade popcorn (a valuable skill I have learned and mastered on my mission; butter is the secret (; ) and we all watched it. The spirit was so strong! Ostynn went on to tell us that this movie made him want to finish reading the Book of Mormon. He then continued saying, "I'm 3/4s of the way done!" We were so excited!

The Restoration Video is incredible and every time I watch it on my mission, the spirit testifies to me more that Joesph Smith truly was called as a Prophet of God and that this is Jesus Christ's restored Gospel upon the Earth. It would not have been able to prevail through so much so purely if it was not true. This is not Joseph's church. The death of Joesph did not stop the church from progressing and growing because it truly is the Church of Jesus Christ. I feel blessed to be Christ's servant in this great work!

We also met with Joanna this week. Little did we know that her mother was Anti and would commence in persecuting us and speaking all lies against us. We sat there and we bore the pain and we bore the suffering, but we knew with all our heart that we were representatives of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I just prayed the whole time for strength. I think she sensed our strength and tried to diminish us more. The whole reality is she sensed our light and she wanted to literally destroy it or maybe she wanted part of it, but didn't know how to receive it. My heart honestly broke a little for her as she told us that it was not Jesus Christ that heals us, it was the knowledge of men. She kept repeating "Jesus Christ can't heal us." I was grateful to stand with the Savior in that moment and witness of Him and truly his healing power. All we could do was testify and that was all we did. I think we have to all walk those moments to truly be coupled with eternal glory. It was definitely an experience on my mission that I can say that I have walked shoulder to shoulder with Jesus Christ and that he was right there cheering me on. It was hard, but definitely a testimony builder.

In Relief Society we had testimony meeting from our favorite songs. We shared why it was our favorite and then sang our favorite verse! It was so incredibly spiritual (: I'm definitely doing that in the future.

Last night, we almost had a second basher, but he ended up being less confrontational and we ACTUALLY taught him a little bit. He asked us what our passions were and why we came on missions. He said "weren't you forced to come?" We laughed. We said, "no, this was completely our choice. We wouldn't come if we didn't have the desire." I told him, "I am that passionate about this! And that I do it because I LOVE Jesus Christ." It was great. He then asked us if we were happy doing this. My heart and soul just filled as I testified to him that I have a secure and always happiness that feels my heart. I testified that part of God's plan is that we are going to have rough and tough days, but innately in my soul, I am happy. I am happy because I have a sure confidence of life beyond this that is intertwined with eternal joy!" Now, even more so, I would add, I am happy because I have a Savior who loves me, heals me, rejoices with me, mourns with me, and knows me personally.
He is consistently waiting to succor me.
He certainly couldn't argue with that and responded with, "wow." And that was that. He then took a pamphlet and our card and we left. (After he hugged us... 😳)

The Lord is with us. No matter how hard or dark times get. He always is our light. He will make all things fair. He will fight for us, if we fight with Him. He will aid us. He will succor us.

Then today we got to go to President Cropper's house! He is in the mission presidency. And got to hold his chickens and we had a devotional all about the atonement and the Saviors last 2 days and holy spiritual 😍 I learned so much!

Love you all so much!
Sister Katie Morgan 😊

Here's some pictures!
1. Were cute!
2. Sister Johnson is my fav 😊
3. Service!
4. We dropped her...
5. Service!
6. President Croppers!
7. Chickens
8. More chickens
9. COLTON GOT BAPTIZED!!! I love that kid oh so much. I was so excited to skype them on his special day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment